The convenience of instant messaging comes to mind first and foremost when you consider WhatsApp. With over 2 billion users worldwide, WhatsApp is a platform that has revolutionized communication. Sometimes, you will need to send a WhatsApp message without saving the contact number you do not wish to save – such as for a one-time transaction. WhatsApp lets you do just that in these situations.
Using this blog post, you’ll learn how to send a WhatsApp message without saving your contact number. Often, you might be required to message someone frequently that you don’t intend to communicate with, such as a business contact or someone you met at an event. Saving the number in such cases would not be practical.
How to Send a WhatsApp Message Without Saving the Contact Number
Using WhatsApp’s Click-to-Chat Feature
This method involves using a feature provided by WhatsApp called Click to Chat. It’s a simple process. Here’s how to go about it:
- Open your phone’s browser; this could be Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or any other browser that you use.
- In your browser’s address bar, type the following URL: https://wa.me/<number>. Replace <number> with the phone number of the person you want to message. Ensure that the number includes the country code but without any ‘+’ or ‘-‘ or ‘()’. For instance, if you send a message to a US number (country code +1), like 408-123-4567, the URL will be https://wa.me/14081234567.
- Press enter to navigate to the URL.
- You’ll see a webpage with a green message button. Tap on this button.
- WhatsApp will open with a chat window for the number you entered if you’re on your mobile. If you’re on your computer, it will prompt you to open WhatsApp Web.
Also Read: How to Disable Reels on Facebook
And there you have it! You’re now in a chat with the number you’ve entered without having to save it as a contact first.
Using Third-Party Apps
It is possible to ease the procedure with third-party programs, especially if you frequently send unsaved messages, if you find the first way cumbersome. Among these apps are Click to Chat for WhatsApp (Android), Direct Message for WhatsApp (iOS), and Easy Message (Android and iOS).
As a general rule, these apps work by letting you enter a phone number directly into the app, which then takes you to a WhatsApp discussion with that number. Downloading the app, opening it, entering your phone number (including the country code), and then being redirected to WhatsApp are the basic procedures.
Using WhatsApp Business
Another way to send messages to unsaved contacts is using the WhatsApp Business app. This method is particularly beneficial for businesses that often have to send WhatsApp messages to unsaved numbers.
WhatsApp Business has a feature called ‘Short Link’ that you can use to send messages without saving the contact. Here’s how:
- Open the WhatsApp Business app and tap on ‘More options’ (represented by three vertical dots) in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Settings’ and then ‘Business settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Under the ‘Business settings’ menu, tap on ‘Short link’.
- You’ll be provided with a unique short link to share with others. When someone clicks on this link, it will open a chat with your business without the need to save the contact.
- Copy the short link and share it with the person you want to message. You can send it via email, messaging apps, or any other communication method.
- When the recipient clicks on the link, it will open WhatsApp, and they can start a conversation with your business.
Using the WhatsApp Business app and its Short Link feature can be a great solution for businesses that need to communicate with customers or clients without the hassle of saving contact numbers.
The official WhatsApp app does not provide a built-in feature that lets you send messages without retaining a contact number, so other options exist. You can send WhatsApp messages without adding contacts to your address book using third-party apps and WhatsApp API/web services. When using third-party applications, it is imperative that you be cautious and ensure they are safe and reliable. You should also keep up-to-date on WhatsApp policies and features, since these may change over time. Also, keep your privacy and security in mind when using external services.
Q: Can I send a WhatsApp message to someone without saving their contact number?
A: Yes, it is possible to send a WhatsApp message without saving the contact number.
Q: Are there any specific third-party apps that can help me send WhatsApp messages without saving the contact number?
A: Yes, there are several apps available on various app stores that offer this functionality. Examples include “Direct Message for WhatsApp” (Android) and “WhatsDirect” (iOS). Please note that availability and app names may vary.
Q: Is using third-party apps to send WhatsApp messages safe without saving the contact number?
A: While some third-party apps may be safe to use, it’s essential to exercise caution and research the app before installing it. Read user reviews, check app permissions, and ensure the app is reputable to minimize potential risks.
Q: Is saving a contact number in my phone’s address book necessary to send a WhatsApp message?
A: By default, WhatsApp requires you to save a contact’s phone number in your phone’s address book to send them a message. This is to ensure the privacy and security of users. However, the methods mentioned earlier can help you bypass this requirement.